Sunday, January 4, 2015

Pyrex! Pyrex! Pyrex!

I told you that the Pyrex addiction was real, though this really isn't bad compared to other Pyrex-ers I've seen out there on the web (Psst.. I'm jealous!)  Side note - I would really love a China cabinet now.  I should also state that some of the items pictured below are Fire-King, but yeah, obsessed with that too.  
As mentioned before, I started collecting Pyrex when I got my first apartment.
Look, there I am on move-in day and there's some Pyrex in that cabinet!

My first Pyrex piece was the smaller "balloons" pattern bowl.  I just fell in love with it. That was found probably six years ago, and today I don't ever see that pattern in antique stores, or any turquoise pieces for that matter.  At first, I thought it was a mixing bowl set after finding the larger bowl and I longed to find what I thought would be white "balloon" bowls.  Turned out to be the chip and dip set, which just made it way cooler!

I still collect turquoise, white, and a few other Pyrex favorites slipped in through-out. The first picture features my collect mixed with a major haul I had one day.  My thought was to take a picture of "the most Pyrex I've ever had" hahaha.  Again, not much compared to others.  I'm starting to think my husband is purposely stalling on getting that china cabinet I want... with reason, I guess.  Now that my collection is getting a little more personalized, I've started to let go of other pieces and condense.  My Etsy Shop is doing well.  I've sold a few things including Pyrex and Fire-King.  I was even contacted from a person in my city that stopped by to purchase my beloved "constellations" divided dish and to browse at what else I had.  My sister made fun of me because this is exactly what my parents do.  I had people "coming to the house."  Oh, bother.  It's been a ton of fun though.  My favorite thing since starting my shop (besides the "hunting") is researching what I find.  I've been wrong on some things and I've made a few mistakes, but I'm OK with it.  I really like doing this!  Like I said in my previous post, I feel like a personal shopper for you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment