Friday, November 30, 2012

Nostalgia

Lately, I've been watching The Angry Beavers on Netflix. It certainly brings back memories. The Nickelodeon cartoons of the mid 90s remind me of my older sister Stacy, she was away in college at the time. We never had cable growing up, so she would record cartoons like, The Angry Beavers, Rugrats, Ren and Stimpy, and Rocko's Modern Life on VHS and send them back to me and my other sister Kelly through the mail.
Can you believe that? Recorded TV shows on VHS sent through the MAIL. What a crazy idea in today's society of instant gratification. Here I am watching the same thing through an Internet stream. I shouldn't feel (and I don't feel) old, but wow do things change fast. One thing is certain though, the things that make me laugh won't ever change.

No comments:

Post a Comment